A month into owning a pair of Chanel slingbacks and I still can’t get enough of them.
I’ve been going on about how I could wear them for the rest of my life and be happy to anyone who will listen. Ya, I’m THAT annoying person.
After talking up a storm about how I could wear them forever, I decided to set a little challenge. Can I actually wear them for an entire week? Will I be able to come up with interesting outfits? Can I come up with interesting outfits that can revolve around my style inspirations?
But really, a week of wearing just Chanel slingbacks? Sounds like a dreamy challenge…
Today’s inspiration — the woman who made me want them, Emmanuelle Alt.
Emmanuelle Alt’s style is refined. All about quality over quantity. It still keeps that inherent French-cool vibe though… So, here we go…
- The Chanel Slingbacks
- Current/Elliott Jeans, okay, so Emmanuelle Alt wears Topshop Baxter jeans… But the first time she wore the slingbacks, she teamed them with a pair of dark grey frayed jeans. This pair I grabbed from the Outnet are a perfect substitute for whatever pair she actually wore.
- iPod Classic, for a few years/fashion seasons Emmanuelle always had her trusty Blackberry and earbuds with her. I don’t have a Blackberry anymore (and I don’t think she does either), but I still carry my tunes (and I’m sure she does too).
- Cartier Tank Watch, the truth comes out here, I borrowed this from my mum for today… It’s the classic wristwatch, elegant but strong, simple but a statement. A total reflection of Emmanuelle Alt’s style.
- Smythson Passport Holder, it’s Chinese New Year! I need a splash of red in here!
- Super Vintage Aviators, also my mum’s. No idea who they are made by, no idea what year she got them in. I just asked she has no idea either. But they’re great. And Emmanuelle favours an aviator too.
- James Perse Black Long Sleeve, just a simple tee to top it all off!
All this plus some French no fuss-mussed hair and you have an Emmanuelle Alt inspired outfit… That revolves around the Chanel slingbacks of course!
?Check out my personal review of Castañer Espadrilles here!?
Alexa and Jeanne’s styles are pretty similar. Both pull strongly from the 1960’s — ok, by 1960’s, I mean pull from Jane Birkin’s greatest hits (and b-sides). And they have British and French (like Birkin) undertones that make them inherently cool.
Sure, anyone can wear espadrilles when the temperature heats up. It’s not that hard. All you need is a pair of shorts and a top. Or a cute sundress and that’s it. The espadrille makes the outfit. No fuss, no muss.