A month into owning a pair of Chanel slingbacks and I still can’t get enough of them.
I’ve been going on about how I could wear them for the rest of my life and be happy to anyone who will listen. Ya, I’m THAT annoying person.
After talking up a storm about how I could wear them forever, I decided to set a little challenge. Can I actually wear them for an entire week? Will I be able to come up with interesting outfits? Can I come up with interesting outfits that can revolve around my style inspirations?
But really, a week of wearing just Chanel slingbacks? Sounds like a dreamy challenge…
Today’s inspiration — the woman who made me want them, Emmanuelle Alt.
Emmanuelle Alt’s style is refined. All about quality over quantity. It still keeps that inherent French-cool vibe though… So, here we go…
- The Chanel Slingbacks
- Current/Elliott Jeans, okay, so Emmanuelle Alt wears Topshop Baxter jeans… But the first time she wore the slingbacks, she teamed them with a pair of dark grey frayed jeans. This pair I grabbed from the Outnet are a perfect substitute for whatever pair she actually wore.
- iPod Classic, for a few years/fashion seasons Emmanuelle always had her trusty Blackberry and earbuds with her. I don’t have a Blackberry anymore (and I don’t think she does either), but I still carry my tunes (and I’m sure she does too).
- Cartier Tank Watch, the truth comes out here, I borrowed this from my mum for today… It’s the classic wristwatch, elegant but strong, simple but a statement. A total reflection of Emmanuelle Alt’s style.
- Smythson Passport Holder, it’s Chinese New Year! I need a splash of red in here!
- Super Vintage Aviators, also my mum’s. No idea who they are made by, no idea what year she got them in. I just asked she has no idea either. But they’re great. And Emmanuelle favours an aviator too.
- James Perse Black Long Sleeve, just a simple tee to top it all off!
All this plus some French no fuss-mussed hair and you have an Emmanuelle Alt inspired outfit… That revolves around the Chanel slingbacks of course!